Just around the corner...

I'll tell you a story that I don't tell often.

When I was a kid I always wished that my family would say "we are really sorry, we lied to you your whole life, your mom is alive" and my mom would appear around the corner.

No one never really talked about my momma much. Probably they didn't want to hurt me and honestly even now if I talk about her or someone talks about her, I start to cry. 

I love my mom.
I miss my mom.

And I wish she was alive.

But I trust God. 

I wish that people told more stories about my momma so that somehow I would know her more even if I cried.

I still wish that someday, she'd walk around the corner and say "hi huney, I'm proud of the person you've grown up to be".

Someday I'll see my momma in heaven.

Until then, I'll love each day to make her proud.

Comments