Not stressing!!

Sometimes I get completely overwhelmed with all that has to be done....
Maybe you're not like me, maybe a to do list ten miles long is easy for you...
We are going up north this weekend for a retreat, and I had a long list of things I wanted to get accomplished last night.

My plan was to get off work, run to a store or two and then come home get my baking done and I even planned on staying up later than usual.

Well, I worked until 7 drove home, had to stop at Target to buy some chips for an outreach a couple of college kids in our youth ministry are doing (I don't care what you say, food makes all things better!). By the time I got home it was about 9. I'm just saying I was tired. 
I wanted to get it all done... But I decided I would do what I can do and the rest could wait or it wouldn't get done.  I started the laundry, made banana bread, got my clothes laid out, ran the dishwasher, spent some awesome time with my beautiful peanut, and I went to bed.

I woke up ready to go, get the things that need to be done, done. 

Perspective is an important thing. Sometimes I just have to ask myself "what is the worst thing that could happen if this doesn't get done?" And the fact that probably no one will die is my most motivating factor not to overwhelm myself.

I'm going away for a long weekend for crying out loud to relax... No point in stressing myself out! Ha!


P.S. Throw back Thursdays (tbt) are possibly my favorite days to post pictures :) I love looking at old photos. 

Sending love!

Comments