Pass the salsa ;)

When it comes to serving and bringing food to serve at soup kitchen and shelters, I try my best to serve homemade as much as possible. 

I will tell you that sometimes it is necessary that I but store bought instead of homemade. There are times due to my work schedule what other ministries I am serving that I will pick something up. It's true. But if I have the opportunity, I make homemade. It's what I do and it's who I am.

Today i made 4 dozen Halloween cupcakes, and sometimes I wonder if the people I serve would rather have a nutty buddy instead of my cupcake, but I have to be honest, I didn't serve that to my family (I don't believe there is anything wrong if you did!) so I feel like I'm cheating the people I'm serving. I eat store bought salsa, I serve store bought salsa. Get it?

I serve Jesus not people so I try to think of it that way when I'm cooking. I really did almost have an implosion when I served potato puffs (fake mashed potatoes on the Detroit mission trip). So today as I "whipped up" some salsa I used onions and a jalapeño from my garden and canned tomatoes I bought on sale. And I thought Jesus is gonna love this!!!

When I picked Halloween funfetti cupcakes instead of just yellow cake I smiled. I do put that much thought into it. 

You don't have to, it might not be your gift, yours might be buying cookies or bringing plates or serving somewhere different all together. I can't build things or run electrical...

I'm thankful that God has gifted each one of us with different gifts and it might be only me and Jesus that know about the salsa or the cupcakes... But that's ok with me:)

I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has your own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that. (1 Corinthians 7:7 NIV)

Comments