Peace beyond understanding

My day was kind if stinky... At least it started that way. 

Sometimes when I get wrapped up in all the things going on (and in myself) I send out prayer requests and I pray myself... 

Man today I was in a funk. And I'll tell you, I was aggressive.

Ugh

Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. (Luke 6:44, 45 NIV)

So I put in worship music, listened to podcasts.

I got in my car to drive to My Brothers Keeper and I was still cranked up a bit... I don't know what happened but I got out of my car and walked the first load down to the kitchen (I would have have had to make 4 or 5 trips) and someone asked if I needed help. Now in the past I probably would have said "no that's ok I got it" but I was so happy for the help, like God sent those angels to help make my heart smile I said "I sure do!" And they helped me... 

And then I started doing what I do best... Cooking in the kitchen. I can make my way around any kitchen, and at MBK Ernie makes me feel so welcome, it's easy to find myself at "home". 

Once I got the potatoes situated, I started frosting 90something cupcakes and talking about life.... And how good God is.  I found myself singing and just loving right where God had me. 

One of the funniest things was that I got asked about how I thought the tigers  were going to do and what I thought of the Lions! Ok seriously, I have no idea. I know Lance Parrish no longer plays for the tigers and Barry sanders retired... Lol that's really all I know...  And it's cool to talk about those things but it was nice to get past small talk and hear about parts of his life :)

I also had been praying about how to serve the people at the church face to face.

And I got to serve kool aid today!!!! That was awesome!!!!

I still can't figure out if I have such peace why God won't let me move to Detroit!! But I'm thankful that I get to spend time there, loving the city, the beautiful people there.

I went to bed so thankful last night


Comments