Punkin Spice

I love punkin recipes! But I have a problem paying $3 for a very small jar of Punkin Spice… so I figured there is a good chance that I had all the ingredients in my cupboards… and lo and behold! I did!! So I made my own! And it made at least 2 times the amount in that little jar!



Pumpkin Spice Mix Recipe

Mix the following in a nice gift jar:

• 1/3 cup ground cinnamon

• 1 tablespoon ground ginger

• 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg or mace

• 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves

• 1-1/2 teaspoons ground allspice

Add a gift tag with these instructions: "For pumpkin pie, add 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons of spice mix to your other ingredients."

TIP: Sprinkle a teaspoon of pumpkin spice mix into your carved pumpkin before lighting the candle.

Recipe from here: http://www.almanac.com/content/pumpkin-spice-mix-recipe

Comments