Right here, where I am supposed to be

My sisters (my blogging sisters) are on the sisterhood weekend in upstate New York right now and I'm in northport Michigan with my empty buckets family which seems weird that I'm not with my sisters because I love them.

Months (and months) ago God told me no to the Sisterhood weekend. I sent my money anyway. But He wouldn't let me have my way (stomp stomp Like a two year old). I've learned in those times to just relinquish whatever kind of control I have and go His way.

Then while I was in Haiti my Empty buckets family planned this retreat and there was complete peace about it. Before I could even ask He said "go". So I said "I'm in". 

This weekend is a weekend of relaxing and spending time with friends (family really) and time with God. I've seen Him all over the place. Traveling mercies to get here, perfectly painted trees, this morning a beautiful sunrise and I can hear the the song He sings me as the water hits the shore.

I keep singing the song "I need You". The bridge has the words my heart needs to sing

Teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus, You're my hope and stay

http://youtu.be/LuvfMDhTyMA

This weekend I am working on my non profit. Praying about where He wants me to go with it because it's all His. The Hope that will be spread throughout the city.... It's all Him. I just don't know why He would pick me. But I'm stepping out in His strength with courage knowing He is with me, always.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9 NIV)



Comments