sometimes it's time for a hug


I love being an Auntie. It’s one of the greatest gifts that God has ever given me. Being an Auntie is different for every person. For me, I don’t know if I could ever classify the things I do.

Yesterday my nephew who is very passionate was in meltdown mode. I’ve felt like him a lot. When he’s happy man, is that kid happy… and when he’s not… well…

One of my favorite things is that he asks Phyllis where her blue pants are, and then tells her that he doesn’t like them when she wears them. He’s a crack up!

He’s my favorite. And so are his other two brothers. They are all so different. And all three my favorites. I always kiss them and tell each one that they are my favorite and not to tell their brothers. HA!

In the middle of his meltdown over I’m really not sure, I just know somehow cake was involved. And let’s face it, cake is important, and this cake he wanted was DELISH!! I just snatched him up and held him, rubbed his back and snuggled with him, telling him that I loved him and I said to him “sometimes we just have to cry, it’s ok to cry or feel any way you do, but we can’t always act anyway we want and sometimes we just need someone to hug us”. He’s 4, he’s probably thinking “you’re a nutso Auntie Margie”.

Let me tell you, I feel like him sometimes. I am upset about whatever and I want to cry or hit someone, and I just need someone to hug me. Sometimes I just need someone to listen and tell me it’s going to be ok.

I’m thankful to God who sometimes snatches me up and takes me away from whatever it is that is making crazy, He tells me He loves me. Sometimes it’s His word that speaks to me or a song that He sings me. I’m thankful for God’s grace and the love that has surrounded me all my life.

I love being an Auntie, and always feeling like I’m God’s favorite!

Comments