We're going to make it! By the grace of God AND hard work!!

Sometimes you would think that I can’t afford to eat the way I go on and on about people “taking my money” in welfare, obamacare, my taxes. I do really believe that if you don’t have a job and you get welfare you should have to come to my house and pull weeds since I am indeed feeding you (it’s ok if you think I’m a jerk for thinking that, I think I’m a jerk for thinking it too). I mean, I might have to start cutting my own lawn now because of this raise in healthcare!!! YUCK!

I can tell you that it’s hard for me. I have high standards. I work hard, I worked hard (4 jobs at once)and went to school while having a little one so that we would make it. My dad will hate this (sorry dad) but in every family, there is trash, and if you don’t know why it is in your family, it’s probably you. So if you are wondering… it was me. Maybe it still is me. I got pregnant at 19 by a guy who did drugs, and I left. There is a lot more to that story but we will leave it at that. I knew that people would talk about me… in my mind I thought they would say “look at her, she’s one of the ones who made it” or I thought they’d say “Oh that Margie, poor thing, rough start in life, rough ending” well I don’t know about you, but I don’t want anyone to pity me, and for most of my life I felt pitied because I didn’t have a mom. So I put on my boxing gloves and I fought the world, or so it seemed at times. I had some really amazing people in my life that cheered me on, let me cry on their shoulders, and taught me to live cheap. I live cheap in some ways so that I can afford other things. I will tell you that I know that it was NOT me who got me to where I am today. It was ALL God! All of it! I can tell you tons and tons of grace and provision stories in my life, but I also believe that God honored my hard work and determination.

I had also decided about a month ago that it was time to really hunker down. Cutting out the Starbucks, eating out, buying things I don’t need. I had already started a garden and canning and freezing and soon shooting my own deer ;). I am going to work some more on what I can grow that can be canned and frozen for next year, watch for canning jars at thrift stores. Honestly, food isn’t my biggest cost, but it is kind of controllable. I can tell you, that I will do pretty much whatever it takes (short of sinning) to make it, and bring glory to God.

Starting tomorrow, I will start sharing some of my tips on how I make things cheap, meal plan, coupon, how I save money. I will do it on Wednesdays… I will call it “we’re going to make it Wednesdays”. Sometimes it might be a simple comparison of costs of cupcakes or it might be a way I save money in other ways… I hope that it will remind me that by the Grace of God we will make it, and it will inspire others (and myself) to do the right thing, no matter how big or small. If there is something you would like to see, let me know!

He is good all the time.

1 Cor 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me

Comments