Goal setting and growth

Once a month a check my goals to see if I'm on track. It doesn't take much for me to get off track. Sometimes my life feels like a locomotive train speeding down the track. And if I miss a turn my train is a wreck. I make it a distinct point in August/September to set goals for the year. And I make it a distinct point to check to make sure I'm on track to those goals. 

I set the goals on belle isle this year. I sat down with my journal and wrote them out. I find that I might have great goals but if I don't write them down I'm going to get so busy I'll forget.  I don't want to forget about those goals, they will help me grow, and help me be more like Him.

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13, 14 ESV)

Today seems like the perfect day for a goal check. It seems that every person I asked to do something today was busy.  Ok God, I get it. You want to spend time with me. I get it.

I hoped in the car and headed to the market got some great produce and beans (I bought black beans from whole foods and they were awful!!! They broke apart so I'm back to my favorite bean guy!!)

I headed to the water after and drove up to a picturesque moment. It's very windy and so there are white caps today. I always knew that when we were going out and there was white caps it was going to be a rough ride. But I also knew that my hair would never be in my face :)  and it was never so rough that I couldn't handle it. I had steady sea legs. 
I feel like that now. Sometimes it's a little bumpy, it's nothing I can't handle. But now I know who is in control. He holds my course steady even through the rougher patches.

It's those rough times that make us stronger, just like our sea legs.

I love this island. It's a beautiful reminder of times past and the beauty of it gives me hope of what is to come.


Comments