I can see a very long way

I have pushed myself pretty hard these last few weeks. There have been a lot of super opportunities. And they have been awesome. Truth is that when I am serving Jesus it is one of the ways I am closest to Him. Whatever it is. And so it makes sense that I want to do it always. But I will tell you the truth, sometimes I get so tired. And I can normally function on about 6 hours sleep. I like waking up at 4:30/5am and hoping out of bed. I got to bed early because let’s face it by 9am I’ve put in quite a day. Yesterday and today I have slept in until 7am. Honestly, that’s late for me. But I know that I’m tired. And so I’ve let myself sleep in.

One of the ways I love to serve Jesus is to serve those who serve. Tomorrow is our leader’s meeting, and so I am honored to serve them lunch. Tomorrow I will provide (through God’s provision) chicken noodle soup, stuffed pepper soup, turkey enchilada soup, and black bean soup. Tortilla chips, rolls, salad, homemade dressing, and dessert.

I have to admit, I am sick of cooking. At least for large groups.

Often people ask me if I am dating… and when I say no I get a lot of opinions… I also get sad looks. Which then makes me sad. Because I am happy. I know when to hold ‘em and no when to fold ‘em. I trust God that when the time is right, He will bring me the perfect person to share my life with. Until then, I will serve Him.

Today I was watching the show “The Cleaner” it’s no longer on TV but I really loved it. Phyllis got me Season 1 on DVD. I haven’t watched it in a long time. At the end of the first episode, in the first season, it plays one of my favorite songs…
 I remember crying when I heard that song thinking I wonder if my life is ever going to be what I hoped for. Remember I wanted to be married with 6 kids?

But I'll tell you, my life is better than I ever could have imagined. Sure I would like to be married. But some day, God will bring him. I want God's best for my life. Until then, I'll stay completely connected to Him. 

Today I heard this song today, and it hit me completely differently, the last line of the song... It's amazing how my heart has changed since I completely trust Him and have freedom. 

Love.

It's a small vision of what God has planned for me. A life of love.

On a clear day I can see, see for a long way...






Any minute now, my ship is coming in
I'll keep checking the horizon
I'll stand on the bow, feel the waves come crashing
Come crashing down down down, on me

And you say, be still my love
Open up your heart
Let the light shine in
But don't you understand
I already have a plan
I'm waiting for my real life to begin

When I awoke today, suddenly nothing happened
But in my dreams, I slew the dragon
And down this beaten path, up this cobbled lane
I'm walking in my old footsteps, once again

And you say, just be here now
Forget about the past, your mask is wearing thin
Just let me throw one more dice
I know that I can win
I'm waiting for my real life to begin

Any minute now, my ship is coming in
I'll keep checking the horizon
And I'll check my machine, there's sure to be that call
It's gonna happen soon, soon, oh so very soon
It's just that times are lean

And you say, be still my love
Open up your heart, let the light shine
Don't you understand
I already have a plan
I'm waiting for my real life to begin

On a clear day I can see, see for a long way
On a clear day I can see, see for a long way.



Comments