I'm not afraid

I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid)
To take a stand (to take a stand)
Everybody (everybody)
Come take my hand (come take my hand)
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just letting you know that you're not alone
Follow if you feel like you've been down the same road (same road)

Did you know that I love eminem? Well, not in a creepy way but I pray for him and I love his music. I mean I do. I don't listen to it much because all the swearing makes me angry :( but sometimes when I'm afraid, I sing the lyrics above! I get pumped up say Joshua 1:9, pull my big girl panties up and kick fear right in the teeth!

Today I had to do a hard thing. And it sucked! I have a great friend who said "I know it's hard, but you can do it"

I said "I'm not afraid of hard things, I just don't like it".

There is something about knowing that you've got the biggest protection ever surrounding you. It smashes fear like a penny on a railroad track!! Squash!

I'm so thankful for God who loves me, protects me, and says "don't worry, child, I got this one".

No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them. “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:5-9 NIV)

Comments