Long weekend!!

I have spent the last 6 or so weeks getting summer grown produce canned and frozen for the winter. 

I have made apple butter and apparently it's good but I still have yet to actually do anything more than try Becky's. She purées hers, I leave mine chunky.

It has made for a busy fall. There was one day that I thought if I have to peel, cut, and blanch one more thing... I'm gonna punch myself!

But it's almost done!!  I did a bushel of acorn squash last night, I roasted it all and I'll measure it out in freezer bags... And I have one last bushel of apples (who let me buy more apples??? Lol) to peel and freeze for apple crisp. 

But this weekend, there will be very limited "Winter prep" and I will get things done around the house that needed to get done, and I'm gonna have breakfast with my girl today, spend time with Levi and Judah at the zoo (I hope we don't blow away), I'm going to a concert tonight - well really I'm serving at it), and I'm going to work on the basement, go look at the camp for our youth ministry winter retreat, and church!  It's a busy weekend but full of things I love :)


Comments