one down... 99 more to go!

Well I thought I'd put together a cookbook... Seems kind of nutty but... You know me... Never at a loss for nutty ideas! So here's my first page. You gotta start somewhere....


Thank you for purchasing this cookbook. I truly hope you love it. I hope that your pots are full, your soul is fed, and someone does your dishes.

I believe that every recipe has a story to tell.

There are reasons why we make the things we make, we love the things we love, traditions that are made. I've shared some of mine with you...

Like when I was a kid, my dad made homemade Mac&cheese, and I wanted it out of a box. I still make the very yummy-it’s-everyone’s-favorite-except-Phyllis’s! The funny things about when we are a kid. It's a favorite and it wouldn't be a mission trip without it!

Some recipes are developed because I didn’t like to spend money on prepared food or that the store bought contains high fructose corn syrup. Some recipes are passed down for generations (I think it’s dumb not to share recipes). Some I find on the internet or in a cookbook and I adapt it. I am no genius, and I’m not fancy, so if that’s what you’re looking for… pass this along :)

I put this together because we need to raise money for our 2014 Winter Retreat. I love teenagers. They are like adults with no filter. The harder the outside, the more I see the need for Jesus. I started as a Youth leader because I always did what my daughter was in. I really didn’t think I was all that great at it. But here I am, years later, in the heart of Youth Ministry, exactly where God intended for me to be. I love to cook. I even like to cook for teenagers. And mostly I love Jesus. So this seemed like the perfect thing.

May this cookbook bring your family (however that looks) great love.

This is from my house to yours…

with love.

Chosen By Love,

~Margie



Comments