Taking my heart and thoughts captive

I don't remember what building we were in or what was going on that day.!

But my heart remembers like it was yesterday. Our worship leader, Chad, spoke about how someone once told him that our heart was fickle, that it could be lead. That sometimes when we don't feel like we want to praise God that we need to put our hand up in an act of worship and our heart will follow. 

It was a rough weekend to say the least. But as I fell asleep last night I realized that it was my choice what direction my heart would go to today. I decided to keep every thought captive. And so... I opened the bible and listened all day.

The gospel of John 1-15.

I always get stuck in John 1:5. There is something about that verse.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5 NIV)

Isn't there something comforting about that verse?!

I made see that today my heart was in the right place. Captivated by God.

I can think of so many times when it's just easier to do the wrong thing. It's easier to make the what seems to be easier choice. Loving is not always easy.

Sometimes loving people means that our hearts are broken because of their brokenness. It's hard when we let love all the way in. 

But on the contrary to that hurt,

Is that immense celebration that goes on when we decide to make the right choice. When we celebrate the healing that does come when we watch people walk in freedom.

So i have decided, I will follow Jesus. I will walk in His ways, I will let love all the way in, life is more than just survival, it's love.

I will put my hand up, guiding my heart to follow. I will take every thought captive and be captivated by a God who loves me.

http://youtu.be/iRb769P50IQ

And wherever you are, I'll be with you, loving you. 


Comments