A masterpiece isn't made in one stroke


I posted yesterday about being a better version of myself. 

Can I just tell you? That doesn't come easy for me. I love the word but sometimes I'm busy. Sometimes I'd rather listen to eminem than hillsong. Sometimes I don't want to do the hard thing or... Whatever.

Sometimes the thought of just staying stuck in the same place seems better than doing hard work. But I don't like to stay in the same place. Good gravy I can barely sit still for 2 minutes. 

But that's not me. I always want to be a better version of me, and that means being obedient. I don't always want to do it, and I'm sure sometimes God Himself would like to slap the stupid right out of me. Especially when He says don't and I do anyway. Ugh 

My foot really really hurts but I'm going to the gym tomorrow. Going to use the bike instead of the treadmill. Not my choice in exercise but it's easy on my foot!

I want to be a better me. One that looks more like Jesus and less like me. I want to be the masterpiece that He created me to be and I know masterpieces are not created in one paint stroke, but in many.

Michaelangelo when carving his masterpiece David said that he carved away anything that didn't look like David. I want to be carved and chiseled in such a way that all that is left is Jesus.

Dear Jesus, Let me be more like You. Let me always be focused on You. Let nothing distract me. Amen.

Comments