Broken chains

I was watching Charlie's Angels today. Don't judge me.

Now I was watching season 2 episode 1. The three angels were shackled up in chains for something they didn't do... In order to save others. Don't worry I'm not going to compare Jesus to the Angels. Lol

The three angels were running chained up. They fell, slipped, and let's face it it just isn't easy to run chained up. 

Want to know what my favorite gift was this year? A freedom that I never thought I could ever attain or even deserved. 

Freedom.

I walked into church today thinking that there is nothing, NOTHING is better than the freedom I now I have.

We sang "redeemed" and I could barely contain myself with all the joy that was bundled up inside of me with crazy thankfulness. You see I was bound up by chains I put on myself, chains that others put on me. But mostly it was my own mess that bound me up. 

Make no mistake about something, the key to freedom was held by One.  Jesus.

But it meant I had to do some hard work because I've got a lot of my own mess that I had to let go of. A whole lotta pride. The first shall be last. I had to walk, crawl to the back of the line.

In the episode, Kelly got the bolt cutters and the angels were able to run! I have to tell you, I was seeking God before I had this kind of freedom, I knew in the depths of my heart there was a freedom to be had and Jesus could give it to me.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13 NIV)

I knew. And finally, I put down me, and got before Him. I had to give up a lot of the things that I didn't want to give up. 

It was worth EVERY SINGLE thing I gave up. There were moments I was lonely and sometimes angry, and annoyed. But it was worth it!! Even when people were super big jerks to me, and I quieted my soul. One time God told me to do something for someone who yelled at me! Are you kidding me??? I did it. Humbling. But worth it.

It's a new year. A year of walking in freedom. Seeking Him, going deeper and living my life as a living sacrifice. Whatever it is God. Use me. Let Your love be poured out of me onto others.

This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow

~Desert Song by hillsong united

I'm so thankful for this freedom! I hope If you have not already accepted this freedom, if you haven't done the work, it is my prayer that you work through by the hurt, the pain, the sadness, and one day you stand before God in crazy joyful thanksgiving jumping out of your skin fully and deeply in love with Him. 



Comments