Entertaining on a budget

don’t like to go places without taking a dish…  I also don’t like to go to the store at the last minute for items because I always end up spending more money than I’d like.  Today at the last minute I asked to bring a dish to something… and then they asked for… bread.  Bread?  I don’t have bread in my pantry… LOL.  But I do have all the things to make bread in my pantry… and a breadmaker (seriously, people, these are great AND you can get them at rummage sales and garage sales.  I don’t use it all the time (and I do realize you can make bread without one) but I am always glad I have it (especially at times like this!!).

So I grabbed all the ingredients and made this bread

It’s really good, and really easy. I am going to make 2 loaves.  

Also, I wanted to make a quick and easy dessert.  I happen to love Bundt cakes. I am not really all that sure why, but I think they are really pretty.  So I am bringing a Bundt cake.  I always have cake mix on hand (and at this moment, I happen to have like 10 Halloween funfetti cake mixes so I will add EXTRA colored sprinkles and no one will know its Halloween kind).  I am going to pour some yummy pink cherry frosting over the top and top with sprinkles.  Easy Peasy.

And yummy.

If one thing I have learned is that simple is good.  And yummy. 

Sure fancy stuff is nice, but it seems that people are always happy with simple cupcakes, homemade goodness. 

Comments