God speaks, in whispers of hope


I am a prayer from way back… and when I say “way back” I mean before I was really fully sold out to Jesus.  I received the book “Whispers of Hope” by Beth Moore and honestly, I nearly squealed with delight!  Seriously though.  I don’t squeal, so you know it was a big hug to my heart the day I received it. I was looking for a good devotional, and I just couldn’t seem to find one that really hit my heart… until this one arrived in my mailbox.  Now, isn’t that like God, we are searching and searching… and there He is on time and delivers us just what we need.  Praise Him.


And don’t think for one minute that I don’t think that I’m a big weirdo that I can’t help but want to get closer to God.  But I really can’t.  When I struggle, and I do, with TONS of things… I just can’t help but do the thing that His word says to do.  Now, I don’t always do it right away… but I do, because I always pray that if I am not in line with Him, I pray it is painful like too tight shoes.  I know that His way is the best way, and left to my own way… I will surely be like Pig Pen with a big cloud of dirt.


I have to say that sometimes I just open the pages and get lost in them.  The daily devotion is one that just really gets to the heart of the scripture and to the heart of my heart. 
I love her PRAISE way of praying…
Praise
Repent
Acknowledge
Intercession
Supplication for Self
Equip


That seems pretty simple doesn’t it.  But let me tell you. This has really changed my heart when I pray.  It has taken me to an even deeper level.  One day, I just cried and cried as I did the “repent” portion.  I must say that these are not some box that I check.   I take each one very seriously.  

If you’ve ever done a Beth Moore study or checked out her blog, you know that she is gifted in the way she takes scripture and breaks it down into bite size pieces that your heart can devour.  This book is no different! It’s beautifully written as if Beth Moore is your best friend sitting down with you pouring God’s word right out to you!

Would I recommend this book?  With my whole heart

Would I do a giveaway and let you win a copy of this book?  Oh sister… You know it!  Please leave a comment on the blog along with a praise to God and you will be entered.  The contest ends Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 11:59PM, winner announced Monday morning and i will get the winner a copy of this amazing book!

Listen...

Those are whispers of hope...  They are speaking to you.

Comments