He loves... In chili

I will let you in on a secret. I don't taste my own cooking a lot of times. I have no idea sometimes if it's good. 

I've made German chocolate cake frosting a lot of times. I only ate it for the first this summer. I thought "eh, this is not my favorite". 

Today I made up a huge pot of chili. Do you know? I don't even really like chili. But I know what goes in it, and apparently it tastes pretty good, especially if you mix in a bunch of macaroni... And cheese.

And I'll tell you what else. Margie didn't want to make chili. She even tried to make excuses why she couldn't (yes, I'm talking about myself in 3rd person). But the Jesus part of Margie's heart... Said make the chili. 

So I made the chili. (But I refused to cut onions for it - and I'm sure God will talk to me about that later)

As I'm making it... I'm getting direction... A little of this... A little more of that... Remember I don't really like chili. I didn't even try it... But I smelled delicious.

It warmed bellies tonight and I hope brought love and hope to those who needed it. 

You see, people always say "you're awesome to me" (& almost always I will  mumble thanks under my breath) but it's not me. It's Jesus. 

Only He could take the hurt, that has been done to me, and by me, and make something beautiful out of it.

I don't have any idea about the things I do sometimes. Youth ministry? I don't even have a child in youth ministry any longer. Words for a bunch of college kids in a Friday night? Cooking for masses? What gives me the right? Oh and let's not forget about the community center. 

I'm just some crazy woman with a big dream.

Really, I could tell you, I'm nobody.

But there is a song... It says "you're nobody til somebody loves you"

Well, somebody does love me. Jesus loves me. I'm valuable, and chosen, and beautiful because He is in me. He equips me, for all the things He has called me to.

I know this post is crazy, but my heart is a little whacky today, I'm just so thankful! 

It's crazy that He knows me and loves me anyway... Even in chili. 

We love because he first loved us. (1 John 4:19 NIV)


Comments