His life is an inspiration

I am often overwhelmed by people like Nelson Mandela. I want to big things like he has done!

There are so many others who do great big things. And as much as I want to be like him (and countless others) God didn't call me to that kind of change. And besides... There was many small things that president Mandela did before God put him in the places He did. 

I look at people like Nelson Mandela and mother Teresa and Christine Caine... And I think that's not anything I can ever live up to. 

And then God quiets my soul. He says "shhhhhh, you are a world changer, one world at a time".

People like Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa, and Christine Caine change lives one at a time. 

It adds up to 100s, 1000s, and millions.  But it starts with one. 

Last year at our winter retreat quite a few kids accepted Jesus. But I remember one in particular. I sobbed. It was like a spotlight of love on that one beautiful child.  All the prayers, all the work, it was all worth it, for that one life.

I am inspired by a life of a man that ended today. Nelson Mandela was a world changer. I hope to change someone's world... One person at a time.

If you can't feed 100, then just feed one ~Mother Teresa

Comments