It's Christmas time!

Something you want
Something you need
Something to wear
Something to read

My friends decided to do this with their boys.  Two sets of friends, each has one son.

My other friend did

Something you want
Something you need
Something to wear
Something to share

I love this.  But here is the thing… I love giving presents. I love giving them to Phyllis, I love giving them to pretty much everyone I know, only if I find that perfect gift.  Now, if you are my friend Sheila, she makes amazing things or my friend Becky, she makes woobies (quilts) or my daughter who knits.

Me. I got nothing. 

No one wants a casserole for Christmas.  

I did make my friend a jar full of Truth for her birthday.  

Last year going to Haiti changed a lot in my heart but honestly not much with my wallet. But this year… My heart really changed about spending money on Christmas.  I’ve really had to get creative… because when God tells me to cut back, He’s not kidding.

There are people who really are in need…  and so it’s time to love them! 
It’s kind of crazy too, because honestly, my Pean has never been much of “wanter” she asked for a few things this year…  I mean, even when asked her amazon wish list isn’t even very long… she doesn’t want for much.  I mean… I’m her momma what else is there?!? Hahahahaha

She asked for pajama pants…  a TV series on DVD… and Suubi beads. I got her something else she wanted…  but nothing too exciting around here.

My cousin and I are going to Holiday Nights as my Christmas present to her, and her spending time with me is her present to me ;)  I really love that we are going to do that this year.

I ordered my favorite CD for a few of my family members, I hope they love it as much as I do!!

A few homemade gifts…  taco seasoning ;) and hot chocolate… I told you… I got nothing…

The truth is… Christmas isn’t about presents… but I love them just the same. And I also like giving them way more than I like getting them.

Tomorrow I will put the ornaments on my tree, and take back the pj’s that my daughter doesn’t like (yes, I am letting her pick them out).

The truth is that this post seems kind of depressing, but the truth is that life is a lot easier… less crazy… and maybe I won’t be so sick of Christmas by the time the day comes… I won’t take my tree down on Christmas day.

I’m thankful for getting to know God more in this season.  I’m thankful for this time of preparing for His coming. 



Comments