Value

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

I don't swear (or at least I try not to) but  I'd like to call a giant bs on this saying.

I'll tell you that I've been hit and punched and I promise you, nothing had ever hurt me the way a mean word can.

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. (Proverbs 18:21 NIV)

Sometimes people say completely mean things even if they don't mean to. And if you say something that hurts my feelings I promise you, I'll cry. And I  will forgive.

But I'll tell you what I won't do. I won't put stock Into things that hurt me. That is not from Jesus. It took a lot of hard work to believe that I have value, that I'm beautiful (no matter my size), and that I'm chosen by God.

I might be hurt, but I am free. Free to be loved and love.

And God knows my heart. And He loves me.

What greater gift is there?

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7 NIV)

Comments