Chapstick?

Lip balm wasn't my idea but it sure was a good one! My friend Vicki wanted to bless some of our friends at a place we serve called Blessed Hope in Lincoln Park.
She came up with the idea of undies and socks and razors (for women and men), somehow soap got in the bag, it was all crazy good but at some point lip balm was mentioned but our budget was already spent.  So we said "next time".

Well the next day or something I had the worst chapped lips, and for me that means reaching over in the handle of my car and grabbing a Chapstick or getting one from the bathroom.

Something so simple can make such a big difference in our lives and isn't that how it is? The small things seem to have the biggest impact. Stub your toe? Man it almost feels like you're going to lose a limb, or what about a hangnail? Shew! And a hug or a smile (they are cheap) and seem small but they are huge for the receiver. 

So then I wanted to give lip balm away to every homeless person I come in contact with. Because when my lips were on fire, that small little tube made a huge difference to me that day.

It's so small isn't it? A lip balm but it's such a wonderous thing! Oh Chapstick I love you!

I knew that when God gave me this incredible vision of starting a community center that it was going to be lots of small steps to build it. My job isn't to figure it all out. I just need to walk in obedience quickly and follow His leading. 

We've got a long winter ahead of us! If you feel called to help with the purchasing of the lip balm please send me a message and I'll tell you where you can send the donation. If you'd like to hand it out, send me a message about that too so I can get you some :) I was able to order 300 (and my current need is 150) we must give it all away!!

“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ (Matthew 25:21 NIV)

Comments