Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Grocery store love

The truth is that grocery shopping is one of my favorite things in the world!

I can pretty much buy anything I want even though I don't but i also don't have to walk around watching every single penny because we are not on such a tight budget. Going grocery shopping to me is a very vivid reminder of how far God's grace has brought us. 

The other day I was walking in behind two women. And soon I passed them and as I walked and looked at every item looking at some baking goods. There was a lot of drama going on with them. They were loud. And clearly wound up about something. So I kept shopping and I was taking my time.  In the third aisle I realized that they were still in the same point in the store. Hadn't moved and still loud.

I actually started laughing and thanking God for freedom.  And no drama.

I've had my fill of drama and really it never really get me anything. I was loud and stuck in the same spot. Getting nothing accomplished and looking like an idiot. 

 I found myself so thankful that really the only drama in my life is on a stage where I buy a ticket. 

There is something about living in freedom that eliminates the need for crazy drama in my life. The fact that I don't need to fight or put on a show to be justified. And truthfully, I am not the Justifier, Christ is. 

Someone asked in a fb post today, "what does The Lord require of you?" And immediately I thought of Micah 6:8

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. (Micah 6:8 NIV)

There is something peaceful about that, isn't there? God doesn't say "hey go put on a show that shows the world who I am" 

It says act justly, love mercy, and walk with God in humility.

Wow! There's no drama there, that's for sure.

Look at the message version:

But he’s already made it plain how to live, what to do, what God is looking for in men and women. It’s quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don’t take yourself too seriously— take God seriously. (Micah 6:8 MSG)

Wow. Don't take yourself too seriously... I am thankful for this, for so long, I took too much of myself seriously and left God out of my life or even tried to justify my walk with Him because I didn't believe who He said I was in Him. I put on a show. Drama.

Oh, the freedom in walking with Him. 

Wow.

Lessons in a grocery store. 

God's provision of food
God's provision in true freedom

No comments: