Grocery store love

The truth is that grocery shopping is one of my favorite things in the world!

I can pretty much buy anything I want even though I don't but i also don't have to walk around watching every single penny because we are not on such a tight budget. Going grocery shopping to me is a very vivid reminder of how far God's grace has brought us. 

The other day I was walking in behind two women. And soon I passed them and as I walked and looked at every item looking at some baking goods. There was a lot of drama going on with them. They were loud. And clearly wound up about something. So I kept shopping and I was taking my time.  In the third aisle I realized that they were still in the same point in the store. Hadn't moved and still loud.

I actually started laughing and thanking God for freedom.  And no drama.

I've had my fill of drama and really it never really get me anything. I was loud and stuck in the same spot. Getting nothing accomplished and looking like an idiot. 

 I found myself so thankful that really the only drama in my life is on a stage where I buy a ticket. 

There is something about living in freedom that eliminates the need for crazy drama in my life. The fact that I don't need to fight or put on a show to be justified. And truthfully, I am not the Justifier, Christ is. 

Someone asked in a fb post today, "what does The Lord require of you?" And immediately I thought of Micah 6:8

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. (Micah 6:8 NIV)

There is something peaceful about that, isn't there? God doesn't say "hey go put on a show that shows the world who I am" 

It says act justly, love mercy, and walk with God in humility.

Wow! There's no drama there, that's for sure.

Look at the message version:

But he’s already made it plain how to live, what to do, what God is looking for in men and women. It’s quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don’t take yourself too seriously— take God seriously. (Micah 6:8 MSG)

Wow. Don't take yourself too seriously... I am thankful for this, for so long, I took too much of myself seriously and left God out of my life or even tried to justify my walk with Him because I didn't believe who He said I was in Him. I put on a show. Drama.

Oh, the freedom in walking with Him. 

Wow.

Lessons in a grocery store. 

God's provision of food
God's provision in true freedom

Comments