Heart Ramblings



Today, I don’t know about you, but amidst all this snow, I find myself thankful.

It’s true, I made a trip to the bank just to get out of the house.  I’ve been hunkered down for days.  That is definitely a blessing when you’ve stocked your pantry and cupboards, but somehow we don’t have butter.  What in the world….  How did that happen? 

It was cold going to my car.  And I keep thinking about my cousin who is mentally ill, and wondering where he is has been rambling around in my heart for days.  The family hasn’t seen him in over 10 years.  I keep thinking about those living under bridges and seeking shelter.  I keep thinking about people who don’t have warm food in their bellies.

Every time I hear my furnace kick on, I thank God for His provision (I have the original furnace in my house since 1951) of a working furnace, the money to pay for it, and I am thankful for a warm woobie that my friend made me to keep me warm.  

I find myself thankful for food (imagine, I have enough food in my pantry to make a meal for a soup kitchen), for my house, for my running car, for the working garage door opener, for water, for a job, for friends (who I really miss seeing their faces since I’ve been home).  As someone who doesn’t prefer to “settle in” I am finding myself thankful for this time.  I have been able to really rest, take care of things for the winter retreat, for my house.  

One thing I am really going to work towards is replacing the windows in my house, even if I have to do it, two or three at a time.  I am trying to warm the outside with my drafty windows and the cold air is seeping in.  I can’t really afford to do them all at one time, but a few at a time can be done.  One thing my friend Katie taught me was that single hung are a lot cheaper than double hung and I don’t really wash my windows on the outside anyway. LOL Isn’t that what rain is for? Or that spray stuff.
Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with all this big stuff that has to be done on my house, but just like life, a little at a time, it matters. We don’t read the bible all in one day, a little every day, makes a difference.  If we don’t, it gives the world a way to seep in,  just like the cold air from the outside into my house.  

Oh God, He’s everywhere, and I am so thankful He never leaves me. And that He continues to work in my life in the craziest ways…  windows… freezing cold.  So thankful for His lessons and His love.

Comments