Here comes 2014



What do I wish for 2014?

I don’t really make resolutions and I set my yearly goals in September but it’s a new year, and so of course, I wonder what I should look forward to in the coming year.  Like if my greatest wish was granted what would it be?  And not in a “I want to win the lottery” sort of wish.

In 2013 and even in 2012 I wished to live a love bigger than I could ever imagine.  

And I achieved things I never thought possible.

In 2014 I wish that my outsides and insides match.  

You see, I struggle so much that I’m fat.  I mean for the first time in my life, I feel beautiful on the inside…  but my outsides still look like someone who is addicted to food.  Who struggles with staying consistent in diet and exercise. 

Why is that? Because I do.

So this year, I’ve put plans in place to be consistent. I review my goals every month so that even if I do get off track, it’s not for long.  Yesterday was my birthday.  


I choose to add veggies to my breakfast and ate a lower calorie/fat lunch that was delicious for lunch with friends at Qdoba…  Even if I wanted the nachos.  I did have ice cream for a snack and pizza for dinner, and shared a piece of cake with my daughter.  But seriously, I had the worst belly ache, after eating garbage after days of making good choices.  Let me tell you, breakfast today wasn’t a very hard decision.  Egg frittata with lots and lots of veggies for breakfast.  Broccoli, red pepper, spinach, mushrooms, a little green onion.  DELISH and my stomach doesn’t hurt.  

I didn’t wake up in time to go to the gym before work, but I will go later, probably on my lunch.  I’m glad it’s close.  A quick run and then back to work!  

Success = making good choices over long periods of time!

It’s a daily choice to follow Jesus and ALL the aspects of my life.  

So what do I wish for 2014?

I wish for that I look from the inside and the outside more like someone who has loved and surrender her whole life to Jesus than I did in 2013.

1 Cor 10:23-33
23 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive. 24 No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.
25 Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, 26 for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.”
27 If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience. 28 But if someone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, both for the sake of the one who told you and for the sake of conscience. 29 I am referring to the other person’s conscience, not yours. For why is my freedom being judged by another’s conscience? 30 If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?
31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

Comments