Here I am! Send ME!!!!!!



My sponsor letters are going out in the mail tomorrow!  I am STOKED about this opportunity!
 

Dear friends,

God never ceases to amaze me!!! I have been presented with an amazing opportunity to go to Haiti March 28 to April 4!

You may or may not know but about 5 years ago I started supporting missions when my beautiful daughter said she wanted to go to Colombia. No, not the college but the country in South America.  At the time people asked me if I was going (mostly because they thought I'd never let her go by herself), I said "oh no, I'm a local mission kind of girl, if God calls me to an overseas mission trip, I'm hanging up!" But I continued to do administrative support for all the mission teams going to Haiti and Colombia.

And then He did it...

You see, I love Jesus with my whole heart, so... When He calls I go wherever He says...

In 2011 God called my friends and I to go dig a well in El Salvador, we had much planning to do, and to be honest, when we were deciding on a location I said "anywhere by Haiti". I had no desire at all to go to Haiti. Devastation, no electricity, no water…  God is funny. I was so relieved I didn't have to go to Haiti... but wait! There’s more.

But this trip was the beginning of my love to “go” on overseas missions, to love others, just like the bible says to go into all nations (Matthew 28:18-20 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

And then spring of 2012 our Youth pastor announced there was a few spots open to go to Haiti. And I couldn't get to the meeting to turn my money in fast enough, I couldn't sit still. My heart was screaming "please please please send me" I don't know how it happened, I just know that God had written LOVE so deeply on my heart that I wanted to do whatever He wanted me to do and go wherever He said.  Honestly I didn't even know where the money was going to come from. I started to freak out and I'm pretty sure God bonked me on the head and said "don't you trust Me?". And so I stepped out in faith.  And God provided. All of it. Even the cost of my immunizations that were needed.

I fell so deeply in love with the country of Haiti and it's people and especially the children. In one of my prayer times alone with Jesus I asked God, “why didn’t You the desire to love Haiti when we were planning our trip to dig the well?” and His answer so simple “because you wouldn’t be here now”.  I love Haiti and it’s people so much  I co-lead two trips last year to Gradec  orphanage in Delmas, a city right outside of port au prince, and was in Haiti for 2.5 weeks. And my hope is that in the summer/fall I will be on a mission trip for a week to the orphanage again.
And this brings me to today. I've been dreaming about going to Haiti in anyway God leads. I wanted to go at Christmas but never felt like He said yes... As much as I wanted to go, and so many people were willing to go with me, I never was at peace about it. I was talking to a friend a few months ago, her church is going to Haiti in March, I dreamt that I could go with her, but it seemed impossible.  I thought for sure her church would fill all the spots. And then it happened, she told me there were still spots open.  And now, I’ve been given an amazing opportunity to go to Haiti this spring, March 28 to April 4. And i have to tell you, I'm a little nervous. I’m going with a church near Traverse City to do construction work at a church in Petit Goave and also ministry to women and children.   And I am thankful that we will be stopping at Gradec Orphanage for one day so that I can snuggle, laugh, and love my favorite Haitian muffins (that’s what I call little kids – muffins)

The cost of my trip is $1600. I don't have a lot of time to raise this money, but I know if God says "go" I have no choice, because I love Him, to say "here I am send me" (Isaiah 6:8). I am asking mostly for your prayers, will you support me in your prayers? Also I am asking you to support my trip and my love for Jesus and His people all over the world monetarily. $1, $5, $20, or whatever you feel lead to give will help! (You can contact me at christdrivenmom@yahoo.com if you need my address to send a donation)

Thank you for your love and support! I'm thankful for you! I loveyou! May God move in your heart so greatly and deeply that you will never ever be the same!

Chosen by love,

Margie

Comments