I'm a follower

How do you choose?

Someone asked me that. It was in regards to the places I serve and where  I send my money. 

It was a question that completely caught me off guard.

Doesn't it seem like there is need everywhere? I mean honestly I could give me whole paycheck to all the need. I could spend all my time serving in various ways.

I'll tell you the truth. 

I'm a complete follower.

I follow the Holy Spirit and where He leads. Sometimes it means Haiti, El Salvador, Lincoln park, Detroit, Rwanda, Malawi. I never know, I just listen.

I think everyone has the call on their life to do something. Whether it's $5 to help feed Haitian children, adopt locally  or abroad. 

You know what stops people? 

It's hard.

It means sometimes we give up "our" money or "our" time.  I'm gonna be blunt. Without God's provision, you would have no money, and quite frankly you'd be on the floor dead because it is Him that gives you the breath in your lungs. 

Knowing and believing that, makes it easier to give it away. Wherever He leads.

So, how do I choose?

I don't. 

I follow.

Him.

Comments