Meal Planning for the week 1-27-14



My daughter left for school this morning, she is in college.  I cleaned off her car for her.  I also shoveled the snow in our driveway and 2 neighbors plus my walk.  It was very cold this morning.

As I shoveled what seemed to be a mile driveway and I just was so thankful.  I am thankful that I can afford to send my daughter to college.   I am thankful for a warm home.  I am thankful that there is so much food in our freezer & pantry that I don’t have to go out unless I want to.  I am going to go to the grocery store for a few odds and ends, also this is our Youth Group’s Winter retreat weekend, and I have some cooking to do for the people who go up early?  OK SERIOUSLY!!  I know it’s more work, but I LOVE IT!!

Monday, January 27, 2014 – Taco Chili (modified, to use ground turkey, and whatever beans I have in the pantry

Tuesday – Lasagna pulled from the freezer (seriously, when making lasagna, it’s that much harder to make two than one and freeze one.

Wednesday – Left overs (probably taco chili but maybe lasagna)

Thursday – (for Unite peeps) – Spaghetti, bread, salad, dessert

Friday – Breakfast – French toast casserole, sausage, banana bread

                Lunch – BBQ chicken sandwiches, Baked potato salad, baked beans

Comments