Ramblings of my heart and Haiti!!!

It has been the craziest of months. Our youth winter retreat is this weekend and that means it's go time for me. Considering that I have a busy job an lots of friends it takes some scheduling/planning to get it all done. Did I mention it's like -6000 degrees. I mean yesterday I finally had to wear a coat!!!  I have needed to get a new battery since the last polar vortex but I had to wait for the stores to restock. New battery finally has a check next to it :)

I always joke that the week following our two big events is my vacation week from youth ministry because I am tired.

And during all this time I really have one very important job, one that is more important than the others.

Stay close to Jesus.

Listen.

Be obedient.

So while all this is going on, God has been speaking to me about Haiti. What He wants me to do. One of these things includes going to haiti in March. When I found out about this trip in November I said no really based on one thing. Money. So I said "no". But I believe that God had written the story of this trip on my heart. I've been praying for the trip since I heard about it. And then it happened, the opportunity came up. God said "go" to be honest, I still didn't have the resources. But when God says "go" it's my job to put on my shoes, grab my suitcase, and do just that... Go.

So I started talking about it, telling friends, blogging, and then I got the weirdest direction. Use gofundme to collect money. I'll tell you the truth, it was hard, asking for money. It's humbling. I have been so broke that in my life that I've gone to bed hungry. Truly, God has done great things. 

Yesterday I raised $480!!! That is humbling. I was concerned because I needed to collect $800 by feb 8!! And with yesterday's fundraising and some other donations that came directly to my house, I am there! Now that's exciting!!!

I'm sooooo very thankful!! 

I am thankful to God for giving me such a love for Haiti and for it's people!

I'm thankful for friends and family who continue to support me financially and through prayers. 

It's unbeleivable to me!! $5 or $200 it all means so much to me! I am overwhelmed by Gods love for me and for those friends and family that loves me to!!! It's amazing!!!

So... I am going to Haiti!!!  Here is the link if you'd like to donate!! http://www.gofundme.com/6iogz8

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” (Isaiah 6:8 NIV)


Comments