Sometimes I don't even see it coming

I didn't know it was coming. Didn't see it! 
Dancing on a cloud. Committed to two mission trips in 2 days. Already one on the books. I was excited so excited I have a new project written on my heart.

Even though I don't like to give the enemy too much credit, I think he tried to attack me yesterday.

After going to visit Cody high school and hearing and signing up for Life Remodeled (http://liferemodeled.com) they gave a tour of the classrooms and one of them was a tech room where they build robots. A lot of engineer types were in the room so their engineering brains were thinking about engineering things to help them. My mom brain said "how do they get snacks when they have to work on projects late and when they race their car at MIS (Michigan international speedway) and are camping, what will they eat?". Really that's where my brain went. And so... I will be delivering snacks and gift certificates to grocery stores to the class so they can eat.  Yes, I know it's weird. But it's what God directed. 

So after this incredible weekend, and listening to an incredible message at ekklesia Detroit, I wasn't expecting and the enemy came in and just started speaking lies in my brain... And then it didn't take long for me to speak lies to myself... Ugh. Up in the middle of the night evaluating my heart because truly I knew that my mess yesterday was self induced dumb thinking, hurt.  I don't let those moments when I feel far from God last. I need to figure out what I'm afraid of.  I turn and head straight for Him. "Speak to me Abba" and I repent. 
My life is crazy and busy and I can't afford one step out of His path! His glory needs to be revealed to others, they need to see Him, feel Him, know Him, and as unqualified as I seem and feel, I know that I was chosen by love to love.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us. (1 John 4:18, 19 NIV)

Comments