As much as we grow, sometimes we are still the same!



Man, I have to tell you that God is doing some really crazy things in my heart this week.
I found my third grade school picture, and I thought “wow, how cute” and also thought how funny it was that:
        A)     I have the same haircut as I did in third grade
        B)      I was wearing a dress

School day pictures were important back then and I tried really hard to look pretty.

Underneath my third grade picture was my second grade picture.

I distinctly remember this picture.  And the time leading up to taking it (my first thought is that when  I look hideous and it makes me want to cry about how much I needed a momma when I look at this picture).  And I have to admit, that I have always struggled with needing a momma, but it seems lately I actually ache for my momma.  And what the heck!  I’m 41 years old, you’d think I’d be over it by now!  SHEESH! She's been gone for almost 40 years and I barely knew her.

I was growing out my bangs (and let me tell you after growing out my bangs about 10 years ago, I will never have bangs again!) hence the crazy barrettes and what’s funny is that I am still not that great at doing my hair. 
I tried to be pretty (and girly) by wearing a dress.
I didn’t smile my normal smile because I was embarrassed of my teeth growing in and probably lack there of…

But really…  really… look at me.  I WAS CUTE!  I mean in a completely dorky sort of way!

I was a little girl who needed a momma.

And today… I don’t feel all that different.

Comments

Linda Jackson said…
No matter the age we are when our parents leave us....we still feel orphaned...a big gap is missing in our lives. Yes...you ARE cute!

Blessings.