Reading the bible



this is my bible, the pages  are falling out :)
I find a lot of people have a hard time 1) getting started reading the bible 2) sticking with it 3) and what they read not "sticking with them"

I have found a great way to start getting in the habit of reading my bible and learning it!  sometimes reading our bibles can be overwhelming and sometimes when I read I think “what was I supposed to get out of that?” (like if I read Leviticus – holy moly!) but I was given this great way to get started…

I'd also recommend that you read a real bible not one on your phone (less distractions)


Pray!  Pray when you read that God illuminates (lights up) a verse He wants you to know.

Pick a book (I recommend Philippians, Ephesians, Galatians to start)

Read one chapter (Example Phil 1)

Write out the verse that stood out to you – actually write out the verse not just it’s location
Phil 1:27 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel

Write about what you think God is speaking to you
Example:  I know that I shouldn’t get mad when bad things happen to me, it’s hard, but I know that I am in Christ, and God gives me all I need in order to live like He wants me to, I need to focus on Him not me.  I have friends who love me and people who can help me.  I really want to love God with all I am, and show people around me who God is.

Write out your prayer requests

Comments