Slow down!

Sometimes life seems like the opening credits of the jetsons when George is yelling "Jane stop this crazy thing!"

It seems there isn't time to stop. 

Stop.

Rest.

I can tell you that I know it's hard. I know it doesn't seem like there is time to rest.

Take the time. 

I've lived my life going 100 miles an hour. And if I don't stop for directions... It's usually in circles.

God is clear when He tells us to be still. 

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10 NIV)

He's got it worked out. No matter how out of control life can get, He is in control. 

I don't need to manipulate data, try to get things to go my way, and neither do you. 

Isn't that encouraging? Someone smarter and bigger than you is going to take care of it all!!

And He does it because...

You are beautiful (He created you, and are made in His image - and what is more beautiful than the God of wonders?)

You are worthy. You are His masterpiece (eph 2:10)

And darling, you  are loved. 

So today, in the craziness of taking care of everyone else, fall into His arms, let Him embrace you in His arms.

As you are quiet, know you are loved!

For more encouragement go check out my friend Holley's blog at www.holleygerth.com


Comments