I was in Target on Friday night… I know I am a wild and crazy woman… Target on aFriday night.  My current journal is close to being done, but I was going to go get one at the Family Christian Store by my house because I got a gift certificate for Christmas there. 


I was walking down the aisle that has journals/date books/office supplies.  I happened to walk past this journal and really loved it.  I picked it up and scanned it because there was no price on it.  It didn’t ring up, so I walked to customer service and asked them to look it up.  In my mind I was not going to pay more than $10 for it… It was $3.99 but more than the price, I love the verse.


Isaiah 40:31 (NKJV)

but they who wait upon the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They shall mount up with wings as eagles;
    they shall run and not be weary,
    
they shall walk and not be faint.


I’ve read this verse a million times, ok, maybe hundreds.  I have drawn strength on it. 


But this time I read this and one word stood out.


Wait.


Those who wait on the Lord.

I am not good at waiting.  But it seems that God often tells me to sit still.


Wait.


When I wait.


I rest.


I am able to walk in the path that God has created for me.


I am able to walk in such a way that is honoring to Him.  In strength, with grace, giving mercy.


Every journal that I have (I actually have only two that are completed) have a verse on it and it seems that when I selected the journals, they popped out at me.  And this one was no different.  Each verse has been a strong theme in the journey that I write about. 


I am excited about this journal and the journey that will be documented in it.  I pray that each word in this verse is a step in the journey that God is leading me on. 


Here I go…


Waiting.

Comments