Thankful for His faithfulness



I’ve had so much to say in the last couple days but never enough time to put ‘pen to paper’ and let me tell you, that’s busy for me, I love writing.

I leave for Haiti tomorrow, and I am nervous and excited and I cannot wait to hug muffins, hand out suckers, and just love people.  I am looking forward to just soaking up the sun, seeing new parts of Haiti that I’ve never seen before.  It’s exciting to serve Jesus.  So many people think that it’s so great that I give my vacation time up to serve others, I promise you, I am the one who is blessed.

I’ve had a million distractions in the last week, craziness has come my way.  I can tell you sometimes I handled it really well, and sometimes… well, I am thankful for God’s grace.
There have been so many moments when I have heard the voice of God, I have seen His miracles all over the place, and there have been moments when I haven’t heard or felt Him at all. 

In Youth Ministry we tell the kids to listen to worship music, we tell them to read their
bibles, to hang out with Christian friends.  You know why?  Because it keeps us close to God, and focused on Him. I am thankful for this advice that I believe in because I do it myself. 
Yesterday, I wanted to listen to Eminem but let’s face it, as much as I love Eminem, I knew that my heart needed to hear Hillsong, to sing it.  The truth is, the CD Aftermath turned my heart towards God, just like a flower turns towards the sun.  

I sang this song without even thinking about it, 


The song resonates in my heart, I always say that music gives us the words our hearts long to sing.  I am so thankful for this trip that is coming at the perfect time.  I am thankful for a God who provides.  I am just so thankful for His faithfulness. I am thankful for His love.  I am also thankful for the way He has wired me to love (and pack in advance), He is faithful to send me people who drop off cards, give me journals, and so many who have followed God and given.  

I am ready. Ready for this trip.  Ready to hear Him, to see His beauty in Haiti.  I pray that my life will never be the same  because of His love.

He is.

Faithful.

I am.

Thankful.

Comments