A Good Friday

Drove up to see the team I went to Haiti with yesterday it was an absolute beautiful drive and talked and sang the whole way up.

Got here and was instantly greeted with warmth. It's like I've known these people all my life. And to share an experience of Haiti with them is just pretty amazing. 

We hung out caught up it was pretty great and then we went to Good Friday service which was way different than the service we had at Metro but it was beautiful and I learned a few things and   That makes me happy, I love to learn and be taught. (The church reminds me a little of metro in the early days)

We came home and talked and talked about Haiti and laughed and recalled such great memories and lessons we learned there. It was so great! 

My heart is so thankful for being here. I come home and do my best (wish my best was better) to re-entry and re acclimate into our life here and I just either don't do a good job or could really use more time (or I should just stay in Haiti ha!!!!) 

it was great to hug my team that was at church and meet new people that have heard about me (it's weird that I was described as cool - I'm a nerd mom haha I just love people). I thought about in church how differently I connect with Jesus while in Haiti. Re emphasizes the one day I was praying about going to Haiti...

"God don't You know who i am?!? Haiti sure seems like  a weird thing for someone like me to do"

"Of course I know who you are... I created you, the world made you that way".

Whoa.

Being here has been so great for my little heart.  

Woke up this morning.

Thankful.

Comments