airplane ride from 3-28/3-29

I have been praying and reading on the plane and sleeping.
And I've come to the conclusion that I need to really work and pray on the go make disciples part of my relationship with Jesus.
Yes its important to go out into the world to teach people about Jesus especially those who have never heard the name of Jesus. You know like those amazing missionaries who they made that movie about, sharp end of the spear or something. I can't remember and the truth is, I've never seen the whole movie, I know one or more of the guys die.
And people think it's so great that I go to Haiti and serve Jesus and you know I'd tell you its refreshing for my soul, some people go on regular vacations... And me, I choose to do this, neither is wrong, both are needed. My soul would never be settled if I didn't go. and clearly I am where God wants me to be because He opens the door and provides for it.
But what I wonder is if I am moving the kingdom forward in my own backyard. Do people see Jesus in me and want Him? Do I love conditionally or unconditionally? And do the people in my life know that I love them every day no matter what? Am I so busy getting tasks accomplished, mission trips organized, that I miss the day to day relational "thing" God calls us to do.
I mean really I think about micah 6:8
What does the Lord require of you?
Seek justice
Love mercy
Walk humbly with your God.
On every trip God reveals something to me to make me grow closer to Him, some way to be more like Him.

While I am praying for all of you and prayer requests that are written on my heart (& in my notebook) I pray for myself, that my heart will be open to the hard lessons I need to learn, that God will free me from any chains that bind me so that I can go (running) making disciples just as He commanded me to do.
May my life be a true reflection of Matthew 28,

Comments