back to the "real" world

Well, I am back and I'd love to say that it was an easy transition, but it just wasn't.  It was great to see my beautiful daughter and my friends but being back here reminds me how self absorbed we are in the United States. I want you to know that I know that I have hit the lottery being born here but really that doesn't make it any easier.  Seeing two women protesting outside of Hobby Lobby about their health care about through me over the edge. For real.

I just can't wrap my arms around how I am supposed to fit in here after I've seen what I've seen, I can't undo it, and I can't make anyone who hasn't seen it understand.  And not everyone is affected the same reactions as me (and me them).

I can't tell you how much I miss rice and beans and our fake looking food makes me want to vomit.  Also doesn't help that I've had stomach issues for a few days. 

I've started gathering things for my garage sale I am going to have.  I've got lots of books so far, and I've started cleaning out our spare room, we don't need this much stuff!!  There are things we need for mission trips and that kind of thing, but I am cleaning out stuff and I can use the money for my missions trips this summer and maybe December.  I am not sure what God has in mind but I know I am open to whatever He leads me to do.

I know that I will be spending less in order to prepare for whatever He has in mind, while i know that He will provide all I need, I also know that I must be faithful.

I'm feeling a million emotions at once, trying to feel them all in a healthy way.  Working through things, working on my home, preparing, being obedient, and going to start running soon, it's going to be so good for me, mind, body, spirit.

I hope you are well...


Comments