Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Because He is faithful, nothing is wasted



I always tell people to watch me when I get home from a mission trip, if I am not writing, something is seriously wrong. I love to write and love sharing what God is doing in my life.  The truth is I am absolutely wrecked.  I seriously can barely function.  I feel like a walking shell.  And at least I am feeling (so much so that I left work crying).

So God gave me this crazy vision of feeding the beautiful people on the mountain, and the fishing village, out of the local churches.    I am excited and scared.  What if no one donates?  That scares me, and yet, I did it anyway.  Because if I know one thing about God, it is that He is faithful and He wastes nothing.  Those nights I went to be hungry because my daughter was extra hungry and she was sick and needed to eat as much as possible, it was not wasted.  I know what it is to be in need, and God uses that to the depths of my heart.


I know that there are a lot of organizations that take people’s money and use a lot of it for overhead costs, I know that people are scandalous and the money doesn’t get to where it’s supposed to go, but I am thankful that I can work with a local church, and the money will buy food, and it will get eaten, and that makes my heart happy. 

$10 per month.  Don’t you think you could swing that? Maybe it doesn’t seem like it will make that big of a difference but if we all band together, it will make a difference.   


He is faithful.


No comments: