Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Friday, April 11, 2014

Future hopes and dreams



I love shopping.  I love spending money, I love blessing people with gifts, I love eating out.  At some point in my life I ran out of time, but got more money.  And sometimes I wish I had more time but I never wish I had less money ;)

I’ve come back from Haiti with a different perspective and new goals for my future.  I don’t even know how to get there.  And like most things, I look to the bible.  And I am also thankful for amazing teachers in my life.  So trying to figure this all out, I’ve spent more time in my bible, more time writing, more praying.  

When I am about to make a decision, whatever it is, I go back to a teaching that Katie did on one of our winter retreats… it was based on a book by Andy Stanley “the best question ever”.

Is this the wise thing to do, based on my past experiences, current circumstances, and my future hopes and dreams?

And when I ask myself that question and really stop to think about it, even about the things that are going to come out of my mouth, it really does make a difference.  

Do you know that I haven’t purchased a Starbucks since I’ve been back, and actually haven’t eaten out since yesterday (and my friend completely blessed me and bought my dinner) so I have not spent money.  When I think about how much money I have saved because I have not “wasted it”.
I normally drink 2 or 3 Starbucks a week, I normally eat out a couple days a week.  That’s easily $50.  It’s amazing how much money in little increments can go through my fingers.  I mean even getting my car washed and cleaned out… that would be $20 for something I can do myself.  I just think I could do a lot more with that money than drink it or eat it especially since I have food and drink at home.

I don’t claim to be perfect and everyday seems like it has it’s own difficulties but staying close to Jesus means I can get through it.

What are your future hopes and dreams?   What’s your plan to get there?  I’d suggest you ask yourself that question.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

No comments: