Just call me Jelly

My favorite sandwich is peanut butter and jelly.
My daughters favorite sandwich is peanut butter and jelly.

My daughter and I made about 150 pb&j sandwiches last year on the Detroit mission trip. 

Someone asked me what my favorite part of my trip to Haiti was.

Feeding the kids pb&j was probably one of the best times I had in Haiti. (Other than my amazing God time).

Pb&j was not part of "the plan". At some point we decided to have the beautiful children over from the fishing village to the compound. I asked if we could feed them (you know that's what I do). So we did pb&j because it's easy and quick and relatively cheap. 

Michael and I walked to the store to get the supplies... This woman wanted $26 for the peanut butter alone! I was outraged!!! I mean come on you know how I can be! Of course I tried to barter with her but she wouldn't move and I offered her a price of $20 which was more than fair.

So we walked back to the compound and got the truck and drove to a different store. 

I got a bigger peanut butter, 2 mango jellys, and 5 loaves of bread AND a ragaman for $27 

Then April, Missy, and I commenced making te sandwiches. What a sweet fun time we had together making them!!! And I love Haitian bread, it's like 1.5 times bigger than our normal white bread and a little denser so it's a good belly filling sandwich!!

That's right! We fed about 60 kids from that pb&j! I never would have thought that all my pb&j making would come in handy in Haiti but it did!

Michael gave me the nickname "jelly" after that. 

I'm so thankful that God wastes nothing in our lives. Not even crazy pb&j sandwich making skills!

I love using the gifts that God has given me!!!

When you give someone a pb&j, you've given it to Me. ❤️









Comments