Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My momma


It’s been 40 years.

40 years ago the world lost a beautiful woman.

The kind of woman who puts her own life above her childs.

Cancer may have beat her body but it could never beat her.

She was my momma.

I don’t remember her.

She lives on in the stories that others tell of her.

I miss her every day.

I often wonder if she would be proud of me, and somehow I am sure she would be.

I am thankful I got her crazy awesome smile.

I am glad I named my daughter after her.

I love her.

I take a pillow case that she embroidered to Haiti with me, everytime, like some how she travels with me.

She was amazing, I mean I never really knew her, but I am quite sure that she was amazing.

Did I mention, I miss her everyday?

I am thankful that in some small way, I live her legacy of love.

I loveyou momma, thanks for loving me so much that you gave up your own life for mine.

1 comment:

Keith K. said...

The resemblance is obvious. Thanks for sharing this.