My momma


It’s been 40 years.

40 years ago the world lost a beautiful woman.

The kind of woman who puts her own life above her childs.

Cancer may have beat her body but it could never beat her.

She was my momma.

I don’t remember her.

She lives on in the stories that others tell of her.

I miss her every day.

I often wonder if she would be proud of me, and somehow I am sure she would be.

I am thankful I got her crazy awesome smile.

I am glad I named my daughter after her.

I love her.

I take a pillow case that she embroidered to Haiti with me, everytime, like some how she travels with me.

She was amazing, I mean I never really knew her, but I am quite sure that she was amazing.

Did I mention, I miss her everyday?

I am thankful that in some small way, I live her legacy of love.

I loveyou momma, thanks for loving me so much that you gave up your own life for mine.

Comments

Keith K. said…
The resemblance is obvious. Thanks for sharing this.