We must do something

There have been moments in the last couple days when I have barely been able to keep it together.  I have seen some of the most mean and hateful behavior about the dumbest things and all I can think of is the little boy who shared his 1.5 scoops of rice and beans so his friend would have some. 

No greater love...

I am here paralyzed by not doing something to love a country I have fallen in love with. They have taught me what it is like to have pure joy. Not happiness feeling like a room without a roof. 

I keep hearing about how I look different. I am different and I feel like a stranger in a strange land. I can barely keep it together at some moments and I have to just let myself feel through it all. But not toss a table when I'm annoyed by self absorption.

So... If you know me... You know I must do something.

So I am collecting $10/month from anyone who wants to donate to provide rice/beans/boullian to people in the mountains of Haiti through a church there. I am serving with someone who is already on the ground serving Haiti.  A 50 pound bag of rice is $50. Food to fill bellies. We can provide food so that others can eat. The cost of 3 Starbucks Trenta teas or 1 lunch out. $10 is not much to us in the US. If you'd like to donate, I'll make sure that the people of the mountains or in a fishing village eat. I'd also ask for it to be an ongoing donation. 

More to come on rice/beans donations. Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to donate. Christdrivenmom@yahoo.com

I must do something. 

Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. (1 John 3:18 NIV)


Comments