Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Tuesday, April 08, 2014

We must do something

There have been moments in the last couple days when I have barely been able to keep it together.  I have seen some of the most mean and hateful behavior about the dumbest things and all I can think of is the little boy who shared his 1.5 scoops of rice and beans so his friend would have some. 

No greater love...

I am here paralyzed by not doing something to love a country I have fallen in love with. They have taught me what it is like to have pure joy. Not happiness feeling like a room without a roof. 

I keep hearing about how I look different. I am different and I feel like a stranger in a strange land. I can barely keep it together at some moments and I have to just let myself feel through it all. But not toss a table when I'm annoyed by self absorption.

So... If you know me... You know I must do something.

So I am collecting $10/month from anyone who wants to donate to provide rice/beans/boullian to people in the mountains of Haiti through a church there. I am serving with someone who is already on the ground serving Haiti.  A 50 pound bag of rice is $50. Food to fill bellies. We can provide food so that others can eat. The cost of 3 Starbucks Trenta teas or 1 lunch out. $10 is not much to us in the US. If you'd like to donate, I'll make sure that the people of the mountains or in a fishing village eat. I'd also ask for it to be an ongoing donation. 

More to come on rice/beans donations. Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to donate. Christdrivenmom@yahoo.com

I must do something. 

Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. (1 John 3:18 NIV)


No comments: