Getting my nine-a-day in!!

I'm so thankful for small achievements on my way to big goals!

I've recently lost 10 pounds. And it's exciting that people are noticing. And it's hard when people say the world "skinny" or "skinnier" because let's face it, I'm not either of those. And I'm terrible at taking a compliment in general. (I feel awkward).

I am overweight, I don't deny it (I mean really how could I?) but I'm not a number on a scale. 

I am God's girl with many faults but moving everyday to be more like Him. For me, over eating and eating things that are comforting is a sin issue.  When I'm having a bad day or moment I turn to a candy bar or Ice cream or noodles or whatever for pleasure. Sometimes without even thinking about it. My days are overwhelming and for a moment I find peace and relaxation in eating.

I've learned in the last year or so that the fruit of the spirit will calm me down and keep me from spewing out. Well if I'm getting my fruit from the correct source (and I don't mean Trader joes or whole foods) I'm more fulfilled than a donut or any other food for that matter could do!

Here are a few of the fruit that I focus on and some scripture to go with them!

Love - love is one of those things that it's a greater joy to give it than receive it. It never returns void. Isa 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Joy - if I'm struggling with joy, it probably means I'm focused too much on myself (Jesus others you), I need to go serve. Whether it's in a soup kitchen or loving someone I know personally but above all else (or anyone else), I serve Jesus, that is where I find joy. 
Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free. (Ephesians 6:7, 8 NIV)

Peace - And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7 NIV)

Patience - nothing the world has will bring me peace like Jesus!
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7 NIV)

Goodness - knowing that God will work it all out really helps!
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28 NIV)

Kindness - being kind to others is key to keeping my spirit (and keeping my mouth shut helps too)
Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Faithfulness - He is faithful 
psalm 33:4 4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.

Gentleness - this is sometimes this one is hard for me! 
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Phil 4:5

Self control - when I focus on all of these things and draw my strength from Him. 
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV)

This is definitely a work in progress for me, but certainly the fruit of the spirit is helping me to be a healthier and more loving woman, the kind of woman God intends for me to be!

Comments