Privately held

Something has been bugging me. It's been going on for awhile. I've been trying to figure what's been bugging me and I've been praying.

PLEASE GOD REVEAL IT TO ME!!! 

Today He did. 

I was on my way to meet my friend for breakfast (for which I was late!) and I was praying again, like I have been, "for the love of You, what is it? I cannot serve you this week with the heart I should if I am not in step with You, I will be a mess!!! PLEASE TELL ME!!!!"

"Stop listening to the voices that aren't speaking truth to you! You know where I have you, you know where I want you, that voice you're listening to is not Me"

There has been someone who has been speaking death to me. And the weird thing is, I have very little respect for this person, no integrity, little character, but they are loud. And it reminds me of a picture I had that said "take quiet time with God, because God is quiet and the world is loud"

God has put some incredibly honorable people in my life, they love me, the encourage me, they even give me a big fat check yourself if I need it. But they do it in truth, in love, and in a way that helps me to grow. 

Brothers and sisters, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.” (Acts 6:3, 4 NIV)

I was thinking today I am not a publicly traded commodity, I am a Privately held commodity. Not everyone gets to invest in me. God has given me discernment and wisdom of who is in my life and who lives Ephesians 4:29 in my life. 

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. (Ephesians 4:29 NIV)

I am not saying that the people in my life don't say hard things to me or don't help me to grow, oh they do, but it's in love to help me grow to be more like Christ. 

I feel like darkness has left my life.  I feel so thankful!  I'm so thankful for the way God brings light to my life!!

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5 NIV)




Comments

Pat said…
Truth in every word! I love the part about being a privately held commodity!