Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ramblings from my crazy brain!



I love my life but I sometimes wonder what in the world people think about it… because it’s whacky…

I’ve been on a crazy rice and beans kick since I got back from Haiti.  It’s been really great in so many ways.  I’ve made some good pots and some… well, the other day a whole pot went right into the garbage!

Almost every day I eat an avocado and some tomatoes (dipped in salt! YUM! )And I don’t know why I feel the need to tell my readers this… but beans do NOT give me gas.   But just in case you’re wondering… basically I eat eggs, tomatoes, potatoes (2 times a week), rice, beans, and avocados.  If I snack, it’s on chips and salsa.

Yesterday I decided to break free and eat something different, so I decided to eat pizza for lunch. I  was going out with someone I didn’t know that well so I didn’t want to seem kooky, and I’ve been craving pizza.  It was good, but not as good as I had hoped and about 20 minutes after, my stomach was rumbling.  Not worth it.

Then later we went to a fundraiser and it was yummy but I ate a quesadilla.  IT WAS DELICIOUS but so not worth the awful heartburn I woke up with (and I haven’t had heartburn since I was in Haiti).  I actually craved rice and beans yesterday so today’s lunch was extra YUMMY!

It’s simple.  Eat simple, feel good.

Also I had to silence the chatterbox in my head.  Yesterday I put on a pair of pants for work and a shirt and they were both too big.  That’s a good problem to have, yes, I know, except that I looked frumpy and not put together.  I felt terrible about myself all day and every time I looked in the mirror (which I go to the bathroom A LOT!) I found myself saying negative things about me.  DUMB.  So I stopped (thank goodness for the talk that my friend Katie and I had on Saturday about having Jesus in us) because I shut that madness down.  Yes, my clothes are too big, yes, I need some new ones!  YES!!  I’VE LOST 15 LBS!  It feels good (though today I think I am a little bloated from the junk I ate yesterday) to not be killing my clothes and lose a chin.  

I want to say, I am not recommending the rice and beans diet for everyone, I am just saying it works good for me and I feel awesome!

And if you’re wondering… this song has been playing in my head for two days

No comments: