Ramblings from my crazy brain!



I love my life but I sometimes wonder what in the world people think about it… because it’s whacky…

I’ve been on a crazy rice and beans kick since I got back from Haiti.  It’s been really great in so many ways.  I’ve made some good pots and some… well, the other day a whole pot went right into the garbage!

Almost every day I eat an avocado and some tomatoes (dipped in salt! YUM! )And I don’t know why I feel the need to tell my readers this… but beans do NOT give me gas.   But just in case you’re wondering… basically I eat eggs, tomatoes, potatoes (2 times a week), rice, beans, and avocados.  If I snack, it’s on chips and salsa.

Yesterday I decided to break free and eat something different, so I decided to eat pizza for lunch. I  was going out with someone I didn’t know that well so I didn’t want to seem kooky, and I’ve been craving pizza.  It was good, but not as good as I had hoped and about 20 minutes after, my stomach was rumbling.  Not worth it.

Then later we went to a fundraiser and it was yummy but I ate a quesadilla.  IT WAS DELICIOUS but so not worth the awful heartburn I woke up with (and I haven’t had heartburn since I was in Haiti).  I actually craved rice and beans yesterday so today’s lunch was extra YUMMY!

It’s simple.  Eat simple, feel good.

Also I had to silence the chatterbox in my head.  Yesterday I put on a pair of pants for work and a shirt and they were both too big.  That’s a good problem to have, yes, I know, except that I looked frumpy and not put together.  I felt terrible about myself all day and every time I looked in the mirror (which I go to the bathroom A LOT!) I found myself saying negative things about me.  DUMB.  So I stopped (thank goodness for the talk that my friend Katie and I had on Saturday about having Jesus in us) because I shut that madness down.  Yes, my clothes are too big, yes, I need some new ones!  YES!!  I’VE LOST 15 LBS!  It feels good (though today I think I am a little bloated from the junk I ate yesterday) to not be killing my clothes and lose a chin.  

I want to say, I am not recommending the rice and beans diet for everyone, I am just saying it works good for me and I feel awesome!

And if you’re wondering… this song has been playing in my head for two days

Comments