sandpaper



It was a beautiful day today!  I got in a bike ride, and it wasn’t far, but was a perfect day for a bike ride.  

And then at some point a bunch of sandpaper got delivered to me… Like a truckload full!

You know the kind… abrasive, irritating or generally rough to be around, typically I can’t trust them but for some reason they like to hang around…  

And for the record, I hate times like those… no one likes to be rubbed by sandpaper, it’s painful.  I think my blood pressure actually went up.  (I was thankful that I got to see my friend’s today because their hugs helped relieve some of the pressure). 

On days like these, it’s best if I just hold my breath, and pray through them.  I sometimes just do my best to hold on to my fruit so I don’t chuck it at people.  

I know that in busy times in my life, I know that it’s harder than when things are calm.  I am working hard on missions stuff I know things are nutty and I know staying calm is key.  I know staying focused on Jesus is the only way I will get through it all.

The good news is that those people who are like sandpaper help smooth our edges, it might hurt for a minute but soon we will be refined just like we should be.

Thankful I held onto my fruit today

Comments