Selected

I got a notice for jury duty. It's just in my city and I have such a hard time with this. I know it's my civic duty... 

I don't know if believe in our justice system works. Men who molest children get out in 3 years and people are falsely imprisoned. It drives me crazy. And add to the fact that there is circumstantial evidence, evidence that is real but can't be used for some stupid reason, people can make data swing anyway they want... Blah blah. 

How do you make a decision of you don't know all the evidence?

I believe our system is broken and I'm not the kind of person who sits by and let's things be broken. It's just not my way. 

Last time I was called to jury duty I said I couldn't serve because I believe our system is broken and I'd never find anyone guilty. That was about 10 years ago. It's funny how we grow.  This time I'll go, I'll answer the questions honestly and let the scales tip where they may.

I'll make a decision based on evidence and prayer. I'll take Jesus with me when I go. 

In God I trust.

Comments