The miracle of crayons

love Crayons.  I especially love Crayola Crayons.  I love the different colors, the consistency of the crayon.  They are my favorite.  (though truth be told, I’ll take any crayons I can get my hands on to Haiti).

When I was a child the 64 ct box with the sharpener in the back was my most coveted thing.  I know it’s silly, but I loved it, choices upon choices of crayons, for real.  I loved it.  Kind of funny coming from a girl who basically wears, brown, gray, black, and red.  
 
I even love the smell of crayons, I love when the very first time I use a color and it’s perfectly shaped.  It’s my favorite.  

When I go to Haiti, I usually take the 24 ct boxes of Crayola crayons.  They are perfect packing size, have a good variety of colors.  At beginning of school time, my eyes are WIDE open for crayons and good deals.  

My friend sent me a text the other day that said someone was giving out crayons in her office, and that she got some for my trips to Haiti.  I cannot tell you how this made my heart do a leap, double somersault, and a twist.  FREE CRAYONS!  WHAT!?!   Woo hoo!

I was so happy when she gave them to me!  I’ve been having a hard time lately.  A lot of little things that bug me and some bigger stuff too, but I choose God’s miracles of crud that drives me bananas!  Sometimes it’s little things that sometimes feel like big things when someone loves us!

I looked at those crayons today, there is one in my bag and two packages slid out, and I smiled today.  Thinking about the crazy ways love affects us!  My friend who got me those crayons may never go to Haiti with me (even though I not-so-secretly hope she does!) but her love for me, for the children there, and for Jesus will be there!


Every time I look at those crayons in the door of my car, I smile, because I.AM.LOVED.

Comments