Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Monday, May 12, 2014

The miracle of crayons

love Crayons.  I especially love Crayola Crayons.  I love the different colors, the consistency of the crayon.  They are my favorite.  (though truth be told, I’ll take any crayons I can get my hands on to Haiti).

When I was a child the 64 ct box with the sharpener in the back was my most coveted thing.  I know it’s silly, but I loved it, choices upon choices of crayons, for real.  I loved it.  Kind of funny coming from a girl who basically wears, brown, gray, black, and red.  
 
I even love the smell of crayons, I love when the very first time I use a color and it’s perfectly shaped.  It’s my favorite.  

When I go to Haiti, I usually take the 24 ct boxes of Crayola crayons.  They are perfect packing size, have a good variety of colors.  At beginning of school time, my eyes are WIDE open for crayons and good deals.  

My friend sent me a text the other day that said someone was giving out crayons in her office, and that she got some for my trips to Haiti.  I cannot tell you how this made my heart do a leap, double somersault, and a twist.  FREE CRAYONS!  WHAT!?!   Woo hoo!

I was so happy when she gave them to me!  I’ve been having a hard time lately.  A lot of little things that bug me and some bigger stuff too, but I choose God’s miracles of crud that drives me bananas!  Sometimes it’s little things that sometimes feel like big things when someone loves us!

I looked at those crayons today, there is one in my bag and two packages slid out, and I smiled today.  Thinking about the crazy ways love affects us!  My friend who got me those crayons may never go to Haiti with me (even though I not-so-secretly hope she does!) but her love for me, for the children there, and for Jesus will be there!


Every time I look at those crayons in the door of my car, I smile, because I.AM.LOVED.

No comments: